Friday, June 3, 2011

Day 6 - 03 Jun 11

Good morning,

Today is a hard day for me cause today would have been my mom and dad's 60th anniversary. They had the love for each other that few acheive. (Kings of Leon is playing, I love this song, But like Kevin would say I love all songs. lol)  Sorry got off track. Happens a lot and well MAF couldn't handle me and I think that I took him by surprise when I walked out of his LIFE.  I mean the great football jock from HS I don't think was used to someone doing that.  Ha ha I showed him.  I don't know I would take him back even if he came to me and said I really did win that money.  You see he had gotten a check in the mail.  It looked real but we were both suspicious.  It look like a company check but my concerns even though it was from Disney. Was 1. check was from one state but it was mailed from Canada and 2 there was no disclosure.  I was hoping for his sake that it was real cause he needed the money to save his house.  Do you know that he was so sweet and told me I could have half the money and buy what I want.  I told him that he needed to do the right thing and put the money towards his house.  I was very touched that he said it.  I felt  terrible that it was a scam.  He took the check to his bank and had them check it out.  Some would think that I felt  terrible because it meant no money for me. That is so not true. WHY DO PEOPLE THINK I AM A GOLD DIGGER! I am not.  If I were to win a lot of money I would after I pay off my kids college loans, and pay back my dad and put a little in the bank for me, would share with family and my close friends and give to charities.  The charities I would pick would be the Laurel Center, Blue Ridge Hospice, Salvation Army, Blue Ridge Area food bank, and March of Dimes. 

Ok I am Ok and as long as I make enough money to pay my bills, get my pedis, and have a little fun every now and then I will be OK.

Anyway it is 5 am and I want to try to get to work earlier today.  Peace be with you! Linda

Quote of the day "Happiness is not in the mere possession of money; it lies in the joy of achievement, in the thrill of creative effort." -- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Hero by Enrique Inglesis is playing ( I know I didn't spell his name right but I am not streaming). 

3 comments:

  1. Who in the world would think you were a golddigger? Anyway, I liked it. You are becoming a lot more focused on what you want to say. It's Iglesias without the N and you are right on on the rest. Have a good day. -Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I think I may have figured out how to link from my blog to yours and am going to try that now. That way all my readers can just click the link to yours. I don't have that many, I'm afraid, but you're welcome to share the ones I have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Success! If you add a Facebook badge to your site, you can also network by connecting your blog to your FB page and vice versa. And you can link to your blog on your FB page. Just click, on FB, link, type in singleparents22.blogspot.com and your blog's name and a thumbnail should pop up with a prompt to say something about your link. You could say, "my Google blog on being a single parent again, updated daily. Check it out!" Then people from FB can just click on the link to go to your blog! Just a suggestion. -Bruce
    Create the Facebook badge first though!

    ReplyDelete